Friday 9 January 2015

Letter to the Highwayman by Khadiza


18.12.1513
Verona,Italy
11 Montague Palace
ITL05
Dear Highwayman,
I am Romeo Montague, or you may know me as the son of Lord and Lady Montague (of Verona). I understand that you are currently grieving over the loss of your love, Bess, and I understand the emotion of an arrow to the heart just for it to be ripped out. I am writing this letter to tell you I am sincerely sorry. I am writing this letter in the forest by my deceased lover’s house.

Again, I am still extremely sorry for your loss. Do you know how it feels to love someone for a little while just to be killed? Soon after meeting my love, I decided to ask for her hand in marriage therefore, when her stubborn cousin (Tybalt) challenged me to a duel, I declined, he kept pushing me until he forced my acquaintance on pain of death! Committing a heinous crime, I killed him. I am aware that this would hurt Juliet.

I have noticed an obvious thing that we have in common, both of our better halves aren’t permitted to be wedded with us! How could I not notice this before? I met Juliet at a sublime masquerade ball. My original intention was to go after another girl. The ball had chandeliers shooting rainbows, beautiful tables laden with food and silk tapestries hanging gracefully on the walls.

Another coincidental similarity is that we both met our loves discreetly. Twas imperative that we did that because as I said, we were forbidden to greet them. I believe that you used to meet her at her inn casement window. However, I used to meet her at her balcony.

I hope that you find someone to help you cure your inconsolable position.
As of now I bid you farewell.
Yours sincerely, Romeo Montague.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment