Friday 12 December 2014

Nazifa - In the Trenches

Here I stand, all alone, just my loyal crew to keep me company. As I stand waiting for this madness to end, I feel the air getting thicker, the blizzard getting stronger whilst I think about my doting family. Why was I picked? Why is this happening to me? I take someone’s life away everyday in this war, yet I still don’t know why. These filthy, treacherous trenches are freezing like Antarctica; cramped and crowded like a tin of sardines and I can hear blood curdling screams in the near distance . Repulsive rats lurk in the shadows of the trenches feasting on dead bodies every night.

Suddenly, I start thinking enough is enough! Why can’t we be friends on Christmas? Christmas is all about being festive and jolly. Before it was a blanket of snow   harshly suffocating the ground, however, now it looks like a sprinkle of icing sugar hugging the top of a cake. Being free from the catastrophic clouds, the sun conquers it’s fear by coming out into the day. Everyone is lively and cheering as we play football using our coats as goals and our crew as the fans. A wave of hope washes over my body until the cannon goes off, starting worthless war once again. BANG! BANG!

 

6 comments:

  1. Well done Nazifa. I like your use of alliteration - repulsive rats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dovydas Kasparaitis-Amazing work! Adored the alliteration, personification and similies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estelle
    Great work Nazifa! i like how you used onomatopoeia and your ending to your work !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. faith ludford- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. faith ludford- well done!

    ReplyDelete